“COMMISSIONER WHO SAYS NOTHING FOR THE PEOPLE IS INCAPABLE” – AKS GOV UDOM EMMANUEL
The Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel has charged the new members of the State Executive Council to center their services on improving the lots of the people.
He gave the charge while he administered oath of allegiance/office to the new Exco members during their swearing-in ceremony in Uyo on Monday, August 3, 2020.
According to Governor Emmanuel, “Let me also give a warning here. I say this any time I have an opportunity. The miracle Jesus Christ performed with five loaves of bread and two fishes, if the disciples ate first, that miracle would have been flopped completely. But the disciples served the people first before they thought of themselves. So please, you are coming to serve the people.
“I am tired of people going round to say, ‘Mkpo Ibaha’ (there is nothing). If a Commissioner says there is nothing, he does not know what to do. Any Commissioner who knows what to do, who is creative, there are a lot to do to serve the people.
“Don’t think as a Commissioner, you are just coming for self-seeking profiling,” Gov Udom Emmanuel tasked the newly sworn-in Exco members.
He also appreciated Exco members who bowed out for contributing to the growth of the State.
Governor Emmanuel urged them to stay close to the Government as their wealth of experience is still needed to advance the State.
“People who have worked with me overtime know my style. I don’t make friends to lose them. In the present Exco, we work as a family. So if you run away, we did not tell anybody to run away. So please, don’t run away. We still need your advice and services.”
The Governor also dropped a hint that similar changes may occur before the year runs out.
THE NEW TEAM AFTER INAUGURATION OF NEW EXCO MEMBERS; ALSO AS RESHUFFLED AND THEIR PORTFOLIOS:
(1) Mr. Akan Okon – Min. of Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport.
(2) Arc. Ime Okon Ekpo – Min. of Lands and Water Resources.
(3) Uwemedimo Thomas Nwoko, Esq. – Min. of Justice and Attorney-General.
(4) Sir Monday Ebong Uko – Min. of Youth and Sports.
(5) Mr. Nsikan Linus Nkan – Min. of Finance.
(6) Rt. Hon. Okpolupm Ikpong Etteh – Min. of Special Duties.
(7) Mr. Charles Udoh – Min. of Environment and Petroleum Resources.
(8) Hon. Orman Esin – Min. of Culture and Tourism.
(9) Mrs. Glory Edet, PhD – Min of Agriculture.
(10) Prince Ukpong Akpabio – Min. of Trade and Industries.
(11) Rt. Hon. (Chief) Uno Etim Uno – Min. of Transport and Solid Mineral.
(12) Otuekong Raphael Bassey – Min. of Housing.
(13) Pastor (Hon) Sunday Ekanem Ibuot – Min. of Labour and Manpower Planning.
(14) Prof. Eno James Ibanga – Min. of Works and Fire Service.
(15) Hon. Frank Archibong – Min. of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs.
(16) Prof. Augustine Vincent – Min. of Health.
(17) Dr. Ini Adiakpan (Ms) – Min. of Women Affairs and Social Welfare.
(18) Mrs Enobong Udemeabasi – Min. of Education.
(19) Ini Ememobong Essien – Min. of Information and Strategy.
(20) Dr. Imo Moffat – Min. of Science and Technology.
(21) Mrs. Ekemini David Umoh – Bureau of Rural Development and Cooperative.
(22) Elder (Hon) Amanam Okon Nkanga – Bureau of Political and Social Re-orientation.